Why rebuild when you can replenish?
At Genuine Reblocking, we make sure that your home is restumped just right. Our company figures out your foundation problems and provides you with the right solution. We tell you when’s the best time to renovate, and when it is not. Which brings us to our next question:
When do I restump my house?
It is generally time to restump a home when the foundation starts to grow weaker. This happens over several years due to wear and tear from anything like:
- Weather Conditions
- Improper Building
- Redesigning Homes
Whatever your reason maybe, reblocking is always a good idea to make sure that your house remains on a sturdy block for the long run.
We can help set your for success (quite literally) with our expert advice and building techniques.
But before you get started with us on rebuilding your foundation, you can take note of the following tips :
- Check with your city council whether you will require permission to rebuild if moving your house slightly. Structurally it might be possible, but legally you might have to ensure that you are not violating any laws in your area. Some areas require support from the area council before major rebuilding.
- Ensure that this is the decision you want to make for your home. While we recommend it for the many pros, consider the cons it might create for you. Make sure you have the time, money and proper design idea in mind before you make a hasty decision.
- Before any massive renovations, check with you real estate agent before hand just to make sure if you do it reselling wont be a problem. In some cases, the new home owner would like to take care of it themselves and you might as well save yourself the trouble by double checking.
- Raising a house is no joke, so always make sure you pick a builder you trust. At Genuine Reblocking we promise to make sure we lay your foundation strong and for the long. We take pride in our work and building excellent structures that stand the test of time.
- Make sure you double check all costs you might have before the process begins. Once again, it is no easy feat and involves a lot of careful planning and building.
At Genuine Reblocking, we maintain a transparent policy with all our costs. We can also include additional costs like electricals, plumbing and flooring at your request. Since this comes as a part of the rebuilding, we make sure we work with professionals that will be able to handle the job.